Monday, April 1, 2013

The 99th letter..??

Today was the first day of class.. Came to class with a heavy hear thinking that I would be flooded with numbers and formulas. Well, I should say I was too against maths to be able to think of anything good of it...

We started of with the activity where we had to find the 99th letter of the lecturer's name. The first thought that came to my mind was 'You're kidding right..?' Apparently he wasn't. I was on my way counting letter by letter hoping I would reach the 99th before dinner break. After awhile, it felt silly to be counting off this way so my classmates and I got together to work a way out and indeed, we found a way!! It did not ring a bell in me immediately when we worked out the formula and so I attempted to try it on other names. And the more I tried, the better I understood the method. So the saying 'practise makes perfect' was finally making sense to me in Maths!

No comments:

Post a Comment